Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Teach Me to Number My Days


This weekend was such an emotional one! I'm glad for the experiences, but happy I won't have to relive it. Last Sunday, a wonderful lady I know went to be with the Lord. She was the sweetest, most beautiful, and loving person I have ever known. I have many great memories of her teaching me in church; serving with me in St. Vincent; watching me, my brother, and sister run around the chiropractic office as little kids; and spending time at the beach with the youth group. I'm so thankful for her testimony. On Saturday night was her memorial service, it was so hard to see her family so devastated. I know they trust God, but these things are still so difficult to deal with. I could hardly look at her husband without crying. Knowing that she is in a perfect place with Jesus and is not suffering anymore is the only thing that brings peace!


Sunday was the wedding of a wonderful friend. He and his wife waited for a very long time as he was here and she was in the Philippines. Their wedding was simple and beautiful, everything was perfect. The church they had the wedding at was so hospitable, they took care of everything...talk about being like Christ! They are now on their honeymoon and heading to the Philippines soon. I will miss them dearly.
Photo: Enjoyed the wonderful, beautiful wedding for a dear friend! So thankful to know Robert and Joy... They are true friends!
  
Through all of this, God has been working in my heart a lot. I have been reminded of the importance of relationships and keeping up with friends, even though life is so busy sometimes. I have also been reminded of some callings that God has placed on my life. About 5 years ago, I was convicted to serve God with my life. I have had a burden for children in orphanages and in foster care, also for those living in shelters and those in need. I know God wants to do something amazing with my life; I'm just not sure what it is yet. I'm hoping that I will learn to trust him with everything and while I'm waiting, I will serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment