Thursday, August 18, 2011

Making a Difference

I am going to be teaching high school math this fall! I am excited and nervous. I want to be an exceptional teacher. I guess that will take some time and experience. I have been blessed with the examples of many wonderful teachers that inspired me to learn how to learn. Thank you all of my past teachers. I hope I can make you proud with the way I teach. This will be a big adventure and I'm so glad God will be by my side to help me succeed.
  
1. "Students don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." John C. Maxwell
2. "Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own." Nikos Kazantzakis
3. "Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theatre." Gail Goldwin
4."It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."
 Albert Einstein
5. "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin
6. "A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child." Forest Witcraft

7. "The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called "truth."  Dan Rather
8. "Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions."
9. "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." 
Henry Brooks Adams
10. The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.  Edward Bulwer-Lytton

1 comment:

  1. your 1st quote is on my FB page. very true...live by it!- Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete