Monday, August 8, 2011

An Inspiring Day

Yesterday was an amazing day for me. Sunday's are always good days, but especially yesterday. I had the opportunity to teach the children at church. The lesson was about the little children coming to Jesus... one of my favorite images of Christ. We began by singing the "Joy" song, then had the lesson, then played musical chairs as I played the guitar, and finally, we ended by playing dodge ball and kick ball! We had such a great time!
Youth group is every Sunday night, and it is always great, but I was especially encouraged yesterday. We started by playing a really fun group pictionary game.Then the teaching was on I Corinthians 6: 9-11. In these verses, after listing a bunch of really vulgar sins, verse 11 says, "And such were some of you, but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." This is one of my favorite verses because it reminds me of what I am without Christ and how crucial Christ is in my life. Then we had a time where anyone could share what God was teaching them, or something they were impressed with recently. The main idea of what people were sharing was how they were challenged everyday to be more passionate in their lives, to be in love with God and the people around them, and to be willing to "not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ" and to share his love with everyone around them. I would love to be that kind of person... "Lord, help me to be that kind of Christian." After youth group a few of us went to the beach to relax for a few minutes... it turned into a time of worship in singing and prayer. God really used that time to get my focus on him and solidify my desire to change. I want to be everything God wants me to be!
Awesome prayer that I heard in a skit and this is the prayer of my heart...

Dear God, Today I am turning everything over to you. I'm not going to hold onto anything anymore. Your word says that you will make me your masterpiece and use me to do great things. I don't see how that's possible, but I want that with all that I am. So please do whatever it takes to make me what you want. I love you, God!

6 comments:

  1. I love who you are Jessie :) Love the blog...and the fact that you are writing. Yeah! "To write it out is to work it out." I'm a follower! and a big fan :) xo Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guide us Lord..our Precious Shepherd. I am a baby lamb who is completely lost without You my Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love You... gentle Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful for the power and love from God's Spirit who lives in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. אני אוהב אותך אלוהים האדיר

    ReplyDelete